Ethernet / IP-over-T1/ E1
- Fast Ethernet Transport over Framed & Unframed T1 or E1
- IEEE 801.p QoS with Four Queues
- Ethernet and T1/E1 Statistics Monitoring
- VLAN Tagging and Priority Labeling
- Manage Via Web, SNMP, Serial Console, Telnet
- Temperature & Power Consumption Monitoring
- Extreme Temp (-40°C to +80ºC) Optional
- Meets or Exceeds IEC 61850-3, IEEE1613 & NEMA TS-2 Standards
- Member of the JumboSwitch® Product Family
The TC3844-1 Ethernet-over-T1/E1 Gateway allows the user to connect a JumboSwitch network over existing T1/E1 circuits. With the large installed base of T1/E1 infrastructure, remote locations that are not within reach of optical fiber can now be supported with all of the multi-service capabilities of the JumboSwitch.
Although the TC3844-1 is designed to offer flexible alternative connectivity between JumboSwitch nodes, it can also be deployed as a stand-alone item to connect any third party Ethernet networks over T1/E1 circuits. Used in pairs, the modules convert the Ethernet data into framed or unframed T1/E1 format for transmission over T1/E1 links.
The TC3844-1 performs store-and-forward of frames with Ethernet traffic conditioning and bridging functions at wire speed, fully utilizing the TDM circuit. The internal bridge supports VLAN tagging and priority labeling which enables the user to define different QoS levels according to the application requirements.
A variety of important features are included such as fault management, auto-negotiation with flow control, Statistics Monitoring, Network Time Protocol, Remote Firmware Upgrade and Temperature and Power Monitoring.
In-band and out-of-band management are accessed via Web, SNMP, Console and Telnet. Diagnostic tools include LEDs, dry contact alarms and local and remote loop-back.
The TC3844-1 interface card can fit into any available JumboSwitch housing option including 2S Standalone chassis and 1U/2U/4U card cages. Power Redundancy is standard and power supply options available for standalone version are 90-260VAC, 12VDC, 24VDC and -48VDC. Standard operating temperature is -20°C to +70°C and the extreme temperature version is -40°C to +80°C.
- T1 Interface
- ConnectorElectrical, RJ-48
- Line Termination100Ω, balanced
- Data Rate1.544Mbps
- Line CodeB8ZS AMI
- FramingUnframed D4 ESF SLC-96
- ComplianceANSI T1.102, 403 ITU-T G.703, 736, 823
- E1 Interface
- ConnectorElectrical, RJ-48
- Line Termination120Ω, balanced, 75Ω, unbalanced via RJ-48 to BNC adapter cable
- Data Rate2.048Mbps
- Line CodeHDB3 AMI
- Framing:Unframed FAS CRC-4 multiframe G.732 CA multiframe
- ComplianceITU-T G.703, 704, 736, 823
- Ethernet Interface
- ConnectorElectrical, RJ-45
- ComplianceIEEE 802.3
- CE, FCC Part 15, CISPR (EN55022) CLASS A, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, NEMA TS-2
- ALM, RLB, MS, D (Duplex), L (Link), PWR A, PWR B, CS, LOS, B8ZS/HDB3/AMI, AIS, BPV
- Optional24, -48 VDC 90-260 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption< 10W
- Hi-Temp-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp-40°C to 80°C
Physical (rack mount card)
- Temperature-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.15 cm) 1.24"
- Width(17.78 cm) 7.0"
- Depth(22.86 cm) 9.0"
- Weight(0.3 kg) 0.75 lbs
Typical Application (Application Questions)
Bridging Ethernet LANs over Existing T1/E1 Telecom Network Extending Ethernet Networks by Utilizing TDM Telecom Infrastructure (i.e. T1/E1 Landline,
or T1/E1s/SDH Microwave Carrying T1/E1)
Demarcation Between the Carrier’s and Customer’s Networks Bonded Transparent LAN Service